Notice of Privacy Practices for Meva Labs, Inc.
This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
Each time you interact with Meva, directly or indirectly, a record of your interaction is made. These records contain personal information and medical information and are used for Meva’s internal purposes relating to its business services that it performs to persons or entities who may be involved in your direct care and treatment. This information also is used to produce an accurate bill for the services you receive and helps us to improve the services we render and the operations of our organization.
Meva is dedicated to:
- Maintenance the privacy of your health information
- Providing you with this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to health information we collect and maintain about you
- Abide by the terms of this Notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction and in most cases, allow you to request a review of our decision
- Notify you if a breach of unsecured health information has occurred that involved your information
- Not sell your health information without your written authorization
You’re Health Information Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your health information:
- You may request an accounting of certain disclosures we have made of health information about you. This accounting will not include information disclosed as part of treatment, payment or healthcare operations. We also have the right to deny your request.
- You may request to receive communications of your health information by alternative means, at alternative locations or in a confidential manner
- You may request a paper copy of this Notice even if you have agreed to receive the Notice electronically
Permitted Uses and Disclosures Which Do Not Require Your Authorization
The following is a description of the types of uses and disclosures of your health information that we are permitted or required to make without your authorization:
- We will use or disclose your health information for treatment, which means the provision, coordination or management of the healthcare services provided to you
- We will use or disclose your health information for payment activities necessary for us to receive reimbursement for the services we provide to you
- We will use or disclose your health information for healthcare operations, such as quality assessments, evaluating practitioner performance, cost management and general administrative activities
- We may disclose your health information to our business associates for whom we have contractual relationships to provide services on our behalf. Our contracted business associates are required contractually to appropriately protect the privacy and security of your health information
- We may disclose health information relevant to your care or payment for your care to a family member, other relative, a close personal friend or any other person identified by you
- We may contact you to remind you that you have an appointment for medical care. If we call and leave a message, we will only leave our name, general information about the appointment and the appointment’s time and date
- We may contact you to provide information about treatment alternatives or other health- related benefits and services that may be of interest to you
- We may use or disclose your health information for research purposes with your permission
We may also disclose health information as permitted or required by law, such as in the following circumstances:
- To prevent a serious threat to your health or safety or the health or safety of others;
- For workers compensation or other similar programs, to the extent required by law;
- To health oversight agencies in connection with audits, investigations, inspections, licensure surveys or compliant/compliment evaluations;
- To public health or legal authorities charged with maintaining health records or preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability, or authorized by law to receive reports of abuse or neglect;
- To the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the purpose of activities related to the quality, safety or effectiveness of FDA-regulated products, such as to enable product recalls, repairs or replacements;
- To organ procurement organizations or other entities engaged in the procurement, banking or transplantation of organs for the purpose of tissue or organ donation/transplant with written authorization;
- To coroners, medical examiners or funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties or to protect the health or safety of their staff;
- In response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons or other lawful process;
- To a law enforcement official when required or permitted by law;
- To authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence and other national security activities;
- If you are a member of the armed forces, as required by military command authorities; or
- If you are an inmate of a correctional institution, to the institution or agents in connection with your health or the health and safety of other individuals
Other uses and disclosures of medical information not described in this Notice will be made only with your written authorization. Examples:
- Most uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes;
- Disclosures for the purposes of marketing where we receive financial remuneration from a third-party
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of heath information
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices at any time and to make the new practices effective for all protected health information we maintain. Should our privacy practices change, we will amend this Notice and provide you with a copy at our next contact.
If you have questions about this Notice and/or would like additional information, you may contact us at email@example.com. You may file a complaint there as well. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and there will be no retaliation for filing a complaint.
This Notice of Privacy Practice is effective immediately.